Why Video Marketing Benefits You
Do you wonder why you need video marketing? What is video marketing and how can your company can take advantage of video marketing strategies? Despite how videos are everywhere, many business owners still seem to be nervous about this powerful marketing tool. Why? Generally, for one of the following three reasons:
- They don’t believe they have the budget to create ongoing videos.
- They don’t have any ideas on what to produce.
- They don’t have the necessary equipment and/or time.
These justifications don’t hold as much weight as they once did.
Video Marketing Increases Engagement
Adding a product video on your landing page can increase conversions by 80%. Video can also lead directly to sales. Studies show that 74% of users who watched an explainer-video about a product subsequently bought it. Video opens the doors to opportunities to both educate and entertain your customers.
Yes, a picture may be worth a thousand words, but videos can say more for your brand and can increases brand awareness by 52%. Eighty three percent of businesses say that video provides good return on their investment. Effective marketing videos present your products in an informal format which creates a sense of individual approach, indicating why 57% of consumers note that videos gave them more confidence to purchase online.
Present Easy to Consume Content
Ninety percent of information transmitted to the brain is visual and people retain 80% of what they see in comparison to only 20% of what they read! If the content is in a video, 65% of viewers watch more than three-fourths of a video, which is more than most text-based content. Video content is likely to engage us and ignite emotions. And, videos are useful especially for your business to change how customers interact with the product. Google tells us that smartphone users are twice as likely than TV viewers and 1.4 times more likely as desktop viewers to feel a sense of personal connection to brands that show video content or ads on their devices.
Increase Customer Conversions
The concept of content marketing is based on trust and creating long-term relationships. Videos allow you to increase the time spent by consumers on your site. Recent research shows that 71% of marketers say video conversion rates outperform other marketing content. It is also noted that 85% of customers are more likely to make a purchase after watching a product video. Stop selling and let the consumer come to you by creating interesting and useful information in video form.
So What types of videos should you create? Basically, you need a variety for different reasons and to reach different segments of your customer base. Some types are:
1. Business Awareness: Theme related to your business - 4-5 visual shorts related to each other.
- Products - Types: colors, sizes, etc., How to use, Why your product, features, etc.
- Employee - Who is behind the scenes.
- Company - Culture, values, branding
3. Engagement: Funny and entertaining ads for your company.
4. Video Emails: Spark more interest with a very short message to elicit click through.
5. Testimonials: Get your 5-star reviews shown up front.
6. Announcements: Shorts with up to date announcement, event or news.
7. Blogs: Shorten videos of your blog content.
You might not have the equipment or team necessary, no worries.
Here’s how the process works: don’t worry, it’s simple and unobtrusive. We just need to know what you’re about and get an idea of what you want to accomplish. We’ll painstakingly review your goals, your ideas and come up with a plan for you. Our team is here to help you.